Sunday, March 5, 2023

Wishful Thinking - Lalnunfeli

 

Character defines the world
A person lives in 
If it is lost, all is lost,
And say about hope?
Wasn’t hope all that was left
In Pandora’s box when all evil flew out?
Wasn’t hope all that Prometheus has
When the avenger feasted on him?
Weren’t you all that I had?
Weren’t you all my hope
In which I put all my faith
To which I’d cling on till eternity?
Weren’t you my hope, for which
I sacrificed not material, but my thought, my mind?
How can I hope for better
When nothing of it remains?
How can I expect good, when I see
darkness engulfing everything around?
How should I forgive you?
There is nothing to forgive.
I led myself to this profane abyss
But you invited the evil serpent and now
I stand cursed for millenniums to come.
I’ll wait for my curse to be lifted
I’ll wait till my brow’s sweat satisfies your malicious hunger
I’ll wait for you to be Eve again
I long to be Adam again
I’ll wait for it to be Eden once again.



Lalnunfeli, 6th semester, placed joint Third Place with her poem here in the Writing Competition on "Hear Mother Earth's Cry."